Your contents policy may include an Alternative Accommodation benefit, which will respond if you are living in your home and need to move out to facilitate repairs.

Fletchers/EQR will contact you in plenty of time before they commence repairs, and can issue you with an “Insurance Advice Note” – this confirms the date and duration of repairs, whether they need you/your tenants out of the property, and whether they need your contents moved out.  This letter is required in order to lodge a claim.

In addition to accommodation and storage, your policy should include some other benefits.

Check your policy wording to find out what your specific policy covers. It is important to find accommodation suitable for your needs, and your insurers will pay for “like-for-like” accommodation.